Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sick as a Dawg

Last night I was up with fever and chills until 5 am. This is not a pity party, or an attempt to elicit sympathy. To be honest, I don't mind. Of course, it couldn't happen during a worse week, as I've got two client deadlines pending. But I rarely get sick. Not since a head cold in 2005.

I view it as an internal cleansing, as my body's way of telling me to slow down, and shed the poison from my system. The past 6 weeks has been a flurry of events, trying to get my mind off a certain someone, and prove that I'm a tough ass and don't "need him." My therapist pointed out that I've been trying to skip steps in the mourning phase, and I need to properly grieve. Maybe it's my body's way of grieving since my mind won't let me. And fever, chills, sore throat feels a thousand times better than psychic pain.

No comments: