Monday, March 27, 2006


A Cat in Waiting

Poor Kali. She's a bit, er, backed up at the moment. I mean, how much does that suck? She can't exactly add a little fiber to her diet or take ex-lax. Oatmeal and coffee works wonders for me, but its effects on the feline gastrointestinal tract are unknown. Anyways, she has to wait for mommy (me) to get a clue when I notice she's been in her box for a long time or when she'll ask me for the New Yorker.

Unfortunately, she doesn't make things easy. Kali's penchant for being finicky is off the charts, even in catland. So she'll totally know if I try and pull a fast one, like add metamucil to her food. And forget about pumpkin -- a tried and true remedy. Finally, her preference for dry food over tender vittles isn't helping anyone.

So the people at the holistic petstore suggested flax seed oil. Since she hates pills, it's something I easily smear on her paw and have her lick it off. I'll let you know if that works. No doubt, you're on the edge of your seat

No comments: